16 February 2011

Update on 16 February 2011

Sorry for the lack of posts in recent days. Work and other things have kept me occupied. In addition to writing new pieces I have been going back and reviewing the posts I've already written. I've been meaning to do so, but there just aren't enough hours in the day. And at this point there's somewhere in the realm of 1000 pages of material. If I don't start reviewing, it will get away from me.

I started this blog back in June and was bedridden for a good portion of July which enabled me to write copiously. There were and are so many things I wish to touch on. Initially I was in a flurry to cover a wide range of topics in case anyone actually started reading the weblog. The ideas are interconnected and much of what I was initially trying to say was cumulative in nature. There was some traffic in the early days, but I realized the theology wouldn't mean much to people unless I put it into application. I started commenting on some current events and interacting with other articles….and people started reading those. And now since there's a lot more people coming here, some interest in the other material is starting to grow.

Being bedridden for a few weeks, I produced a lot of material and very quickly. I proofread the material but much too fast and some of the early pieces were not written very well. I am in the process of reviewing them. I'm not changing what I've written, but I'm cleaning up some of the missed typos and occasionally adding a line, or deleting one. But 99% of the articles will stay as they are. It's not a book, but it bothers me to re-read something and find typos. And there are plenty. Also, I want to re-read some of the early material and decide how I can re-visit those topics and present the material in a more readable and useful form.

So in addition to writing some new material, I will continue to plod through the older posts. I might even call attention to certain aspects and ideas as I know some of those posts are not read much. Some readers will be more familiar with my ideas and now may be able to benefit from those early pieces.

Thanks for being patient. New posts will be appearing, but there will be occasional pauses.