06 March 2014

Holy Week and The Temptation of the Tactile

I guess it's that time of year again, the Spring Equinox is coming and that means another full moon.

I keep trying to find those verses in the Bible that tell me that the following Sunday (after the first full moon after the Equinox) means Easter but I can't seem to find them... or anything about Ash Wednesday, some sort of 'Holy' week, Lent...or any of it.

I sure can find some Scriptural evidence that condemns the very notions behind these practices but far more powerful than Scripture is the notion of...

(Strike up the Klezmer music)

Tradition!

A couple of links for those who are interested in entertaining a re-examination of some traditions and the flesh pleasing dangers I would willing succumb to. That is, if it were not for my sincere belief that I must rely on the Word when it comes to all matters pertaining to the Faith once delivered to the saints....

Easter and Holy Week

The Temptation of the Tactile